Thursday, August 10, 2006
Profound Beauty of Love - Mother!























A mothers love determines how,
Great a man you are now.
You showed me the bright Sun,
And taught me “Life is simply fun”
You showed me the star, that is up so far,
And wanted to me shine, even if at war.

Your Kiss was the best,
When I was dreary –without zest,
I was five when I threw the food you gave me,
I was fifteen when I drew your money,
I was twenty-five and thought was grown,
I’m forty now yet vent and frown!
And you still love me as your precious own!

Before I was grown you made me with Patience and Discipline,
After I thought I’d grown, you still make me with Love and tears,
And by showering love with all your might,
You made me realize that all in the world is right!!

I wonder why “Love” is four letters,
And “Mother” is five letters,
Coz you “R” my dear mom one step more- than the Greatest Love!!!
 
posted by Prasanna Parameswaran at 10:57 AM |


6 Comments:


At 12:29 PM, Blogger Preethe

Beautiful!!Too good

I remember a tamil poem I read in vikadan a few years back

The essence of the poem goes like

Someone asked me write the shortest poem.. I said
"MOTHER"
If my mother had asked me the same .. I would say
"Ne"

 

At 12:51 PM, Blogger ambi

good one yaar! i think U tried for a sonnet (but it seems 20 lines are there)
//my dear mom one step more- than the Greatest Love!!!//
ultimate one..

 

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jeevan

Wow! Very nice poem. Mother is the World for Kids like me:)

 

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Priya

Thaz was really awesome !!!! Nobody is greater than your mother.

 

At 4:12 AM, Blogger starry

That was beautiful.what a loving tribute to your mother. You write so well. Kept thinking of my mother while I was reading it.I would have loved to write something for her when she was alive but i did not.

 

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

Preethe: Thanks! The lyrics you mentioned is good!

Ambi: Thanks! Frankly I dint try to write to anything like that! I just saw this photo and instantly wanted to write about motherhood!

Jeevan: Thanks! Everybody is a Kid to their mother however old they become :)

Priya: Thanks for your comments! Do visit again!

Lalitha: Thank you! Nothing is ever too late, you can still write for your mother as she is in your heart always :)

Prasanna.