Friday, September 08, 2006
N-Ways to get Best from Yourself! - Part I
Too many people die at 80, but are already buried in their early 20's! Too many of us just walk through life, never manifesting our talent using only a fraction of our personal talents. According to a latest scientific research - "An average person uses only 1/100th of 1% of the brainpower(including me heh heh!)". Famous researcher Ivan Yefremov confirmed that "We can easily learn 40 languages, complete a set of encylopedias from A to Z and complete courses required for a dozen colleges"

Yet we become creatures of complacency, doing the same things, in the same way, with the same people(By same people I meant work here! :)) over the entire course of our life! So how can we make ourselves better. There are N-ways to do it, and here are a few ways that I can think of:

1. Think Ahead and surround yourself with the best!

Most people who are successful today attribute their success to one factor - Just by simply thinking whats ahead of them! The Principle of Association states that "What you will be 5 years from now primarily depends on two factors: the people you associate with and the books you read!Surround yourself with men and women who are moving forward, excited and always passionate about the changing world! Read the biographies of people who admire and you will learn a lot from them! Unlike most kids their age, Bill gates was solitary and was lost in his own world of thoughts! Concerned, thinking he might be afflicted with mental Hypernoea(which is also true today! :)), his mother questioned why he was that way and he replied "I'm thinking mom!"

2. Be practical, but Define Higher Reality!

If I want to have a 2 storied independent house in the next 10 years, yes thats a good dream which will turn out to be a reality. But If I want a wife as seductive as Pamela Anderson and as gorgeous as J.Lo and If I wait for 20 years - then I will end up with crazy insomnia! Jokes apart, be practical and understand that people who are highly successful today are ones who have visualized a higher future and never stopped working. Go to educational/personality effectiveness seminars and expose yourself to richer information that will enrich both your personal and business life!

3. Communicate, but dont overdo it!

Communication plays an important role in both your professional and personal life. Woodrow Wilson said "If I am to speak ten minutes, I need a week for preparation; if fifteen minutes, three days; if half an hour, two days; if an hour, I am ready now" . Keep It Short and Simple - like a Kiss mmuah! One of the greatest assets in a effective communication is to talk as little as you can! That will happen only if you prepare as per Woodrow Wilson's statement above - prepare for what you want to communicate and you will find yourself communicating what you want very easily. I always recommend what I do before any presentation - face the mirror for 10 minutes, orate what you want and observe your body language- you'll definitely realize you have made every nonsense shake like a hippoptamus just to convey simple things! As Rudyard Kipling said "Words are the most powerful drug used by mankind" so use it effectively!

Allright, part 1 ends here, I've few more points to share, let me know if you want to hear that I will have my say on them as part 2 or 3 in the next narration!

 
posted by Prasanna Parameswaran at 4:51 AM |


21 Comments:


At 7:10 AM, Blogger Twisted DNA

Thanks for the useful tips :)

 

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Keshi

great tips.

Keshi.

 

At 5:58 PM, Blogger ambi

nice tips. but i wonder when i gave U appointment so that U got inspired to script this post.. LOL :D

ellam sari, blogrollingla kusumbu ambi! nu pottu pazhi vangitiyee!
kuthunga ejamaan! kuthunga!

 

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

T.Dna,keshi: Danks!
Ambi: adhan pa naan andha global conferenceukku chief guest'a poirundhen illa, appa dhaane neenga kooda kettenga enakkum oru appointment vaangi kudu attend pannannu - appa vandha inspiration dhaan! :) paarunga aapu ambikku kusumbu ambi evvalvo paravala! :) its just to easily remember!

 

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Syam

na nalla tips ng na...aana follow panrathu thaan kastam :-)

//paarunga aapu ambikku kusumbu ambi evvalvo paravala//

LOL :-)

 

At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Heya! Great post!! I did a post a while back that my challenge for myself on my everything birthday, was to push myself further and challenge myself every year! My goal is to feel younger every year as age means nothing to me. So last year, I did a 10 mile trek. Next year, I'm aiming to run the Marathon!! :D

 

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

sorry,

*challenge myself on my every birthday!

 

At 10:12 PM, Blogger expertdabbler

hm. unmayileye urupadiyana post ba!
keep it up!

 

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

@syam: வாஸ்தவமான பேச்சு! அதனாலதானே இந்த மாதிரி tips'lam அடுத்தவங்களுக்கு அள்ளி வீசரேன்! :)
@ amit: Dhanks! Great man! I was into athletics too but all that faded away after I started working. Good luck on your Marathon!!
@ Prabhu! He He! nandri! ஊருக்கு எப்பவுமே நான் நல்லா உபதேசம் பண்ணுவேன்! :)

 

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Kavi

The tips are great !

An element to remember would be that not everything will apply to everybody! A lot will depend on the circumstances, propensity, goals etc !

 

At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

IA: Happy birthday buddy.. Sorry to wish a little late.

Awesome post. I will comeback and say some more. Little busy ok.

 

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

@ Kavi: Thank you sir! Its true not all points apply to everyone!
@ Priya: Thank you! Sure not a problem. sure come later when you are free!

 

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Jeevan

Very nice post. will think!

 

At 9:32 PM, Blogger KC!

Ok professor, ennoda arivu kannai thirandhutteenga ;)

 

At 1:27 AM, Blogger priyank shah

excellent dude i really like it

 

At 2:35 AM, Blogger Vinesh

Good compilation!
Will apply as per physician's advise!

 

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Mouli

Good one! Waiting for part 2 and part 3.

 

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Pras,
Truly speaking: I am not sure if our minds are mirrors...You wrote exactly what i have in my mind...I have practically experienced the below 2 points: They are very very true!
"Surround yourself with men and women who are moving forward, excited and always passionate about the changing world!
Read the biographies of people who admire and you will learn a lot from them!"

Whenever i am in the midst, doing the above two things,i feel elated and start doing things which would bring the best in me...I used to do lots of future planning when i am into these...I am very sure you actually wrote what you experienced in your life..because only one who experienced this can write like this....

When i saw the words "Think Ahead", i remembered Dinkar Kadam who emphasised this during our ELT life skills class...It is so strongly etched in our brains that we have started realising them in our lives now!!

I am very eager to see your next points...But i hope you would be including the below points, which i strongly believe...

"Always think good and positive..."
"Be always truthful and honest"

Thanks for enlightening us,
-Balu

 

At 10:37 AM, Blogger prithz

Hey.. nice one.. felt i was sitting thru some art of living class!!

 

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Nice post with inspirational thoughts .I love reading your posts..:)Have a great day !

 

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

/ Think Ahead and surround yourself with the best!
/

Very true. If you are with people who motivate you can climb the ladder. If the people always talk about problems, stress and depression we are demotivated.

/Be practical, but Define Higher Reality!
/
This reminds we I read in a website where pp' post their problems. A guy was not showing his sexual interest towards his wife becoz she was not upto his expectations. Why can he think the other way may be his wife might have expectations too. Bascially such relationship soars to divorce or extra-marital affairs.

If everything happens in our way, then life will still get bored. Ther shud be ups and downs which we shud enjoy.

/Communicate, but dont overdo it!/

We need to talk where we have to go. It can either be precise and meaningful or it shud make ppl' interesting in what we say.