Thursday, August 31, 2006
Microsoft Error Messages!
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!" He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.:)

Ah what more can I better say to welcome you all to the lovely world of error messages and Micrsoft. I think both these words should ideally coined next to one another in the thesaurus!
Here are some of the lovely error messages, look at it have fun (no offense meant to anyone) and let me know if you faced any such crazy and weird messages!


This happened in December 2002 and David then writes : " A colleague of mine had this error whilst using Visual Basic... What's a zombie state? Are there also vampire states?" :) Now thats one very good question to be researched on!

How much deep? A 100 feet? Well I guess this computer must have been taught vacabulary. It think it got confused with not having enough space as being too deep! :)

This error happened when a guy was trying to Install a CD labelled "The Road Ahead". Thank God he dint have a CD titled "Men are Intelligent" - the system would have crashed! :)

I dont know if thats French or Spanish, but I know for sure that my computer has multi lingual capabilities :)

I think the computer must have been intelligent and realized that guy who was using was a real dumb-head! Hey! thats ok you dont need to prove it by displaying the same error message 4 times :)!

And to top all is this one!

I know about Aritifically Intelligent machines and machines that work a thousand times faster than a human mind, but this seems to have conscience - Oh my gosh how frankly it admits there is no error - chooo chweet! :)

 
posted by Prasanna Parameswaran at 3:27 AM |


16 Comments:


At 4:28 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

I myself(ha thats a bad english to pronouns should never go together, but who cares) left a comment here:

If you are unable to see those pictures just click on them and it will give you an expanded view. If the pictures are taking a long time - please be patent. If you still dont see any pictures, then check your computer there is a problem! :)
Prasanna

 

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Keshi

Are thee messages for real? lol @zombie state!

That last one is just a Warning and a very silly one too.

Keshi.

 

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

Keshi: Yes all these are real error messages!

 

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Preethe

Did you face all these error messages .. If yes .. something is really wrong

LOL

 

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

Preethe: I dint face all these error messages. This was faced by various group of people and I presented them here! :)

 

At 9:48 AM, Blogger prithz

LOL!!!! Sometimes i dunt even understand such error msgs...i simply close the window or else Alt+Ctrl+Del!!!!!!!!! :P

 

At 10:08 AM, Blogger ambi

//If you still dont see any pictures, then check your computer there is a problem!//
i think so! i'm viewing blogspots thru pkblogs.com.
anyway, got ur post essence thru the explanations for those pics :)

 

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

Prithz: Very true! I do that in frustration!

Ambi: I'm able to see that using pkblogs - how come you are not, something fishy is going on!

 

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Syam

unga DC ipdi pottu irukalaam

//If you still dont see any pictures//

go and see an ophthalmologist :-)

 

At 9:35 PM, Blogger Andrew McAllister

They ARE funny!

Thanks so much for visiting my site and for leaving such an insightful comment. I appreciate it!

 

At 10:30 PM, Blogger KC!

Really laughed!! ROTFL! sema kalakkal messages! :-)))))) still cant stop laughing

 

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Kavi

LOL !!

Really ?! I mean...really ?! Wow! Bill Gates has some sense of humour. Not to speak of timing !!

 

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

Andrew: Thank you!
Usha: Yes it is!
Kavi: Bill gates doesnt have a good sense of humour, we(should I say I) ridicule him and laugh behind his butt! :)

 

At 4:33 PM, Blogger dumbdodi

Hillarious...you are my daily dose of laughter..your blog is great..you are angel of laughter :-D

 

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Twisted DNA

Hilarious, especially the introduction.

About the "Road Ahead," it's funny because "Road Ahead" is a book by Bill Gates :)

 

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Pardon thy developers :)