Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Poverty - The murky Dress of our Country!
First some statistics for you!
  • Its more than 50 years since independence and we are still struggling to eradicate poverty from India.
  • There are 400 million people below the poverty line, out of which 75% are in the rural areas!
  • More than 40% of this population is illiterate
  • The main cause of poverty, is not illiteracy alone, but the exceedingly huge population growth.

I've seen so many pictures of poor and malnourished children and women, but none has affected more than the one you are about to see! Kind hearted guys please help this girl here!. I'm extremely sad seeing this and I'm totally upset today!

 
posted by Prasanna Parameswaran at 7:43 AM |


8 Comments:


At 10:21 AM, Blogger Preethe

Prasanna !! Thats so sad ..
Even I am prety upset after seeing the pic.. I feel we all should collect some funds to help that girl..

Ohhh GOD !!! cha.. nichchayama expect pannala ..
ROFL !!

 

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

@ Preethe, usha: appadi utta build-up workout ayudichu! :) hmmm ungalukku theriyudhu ennoda nalla manasa pathi, aana inga irukkura ilam sittungalukku theriya mattengudhe, naan eppo road'la ponaalum appadika opposite directionlaye ellarum bayandhu oodraanga! Just kidding!:)

 

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

ha ha ha....prasanna, it's absolutely hilarious.what a picture of poverty personified..:)

 

At 9:20 PM, Blogger starry

It was hilarious and sad also that someone can go out like that in public.

 

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Kavi

Upset...hmmm !

 

At 11:06 PM, Blogger Syam

roooooommmmmmba nallavanda saami....yow neenga sonnenganu itha aapicela open panni manam pochu...sariya paarka mudiyala sari veetuku poi niruthi nithaanama paarkanum....oru post potta padikka time kudukaama next post potuteenga :-)

 

At 6:28 AM, Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP

Hey....These stats reflect wht state we r in n worst of all they dont seem to change even after so many years...A pic speaks a thousand words, thts wht happened here, sometimes they even make u think a thousand words if not cry!

 

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Twisted DNA

LOL. Good one. You got me.

I felt so bad for the girl, I wanted to give her shelter in my house. I hope my wife won't mind my magnanimity :D