Thursday, October 05, 2006
God's Answer to Strength - Father!

















As a Kid, I stayed awake all night,
To have fun and frolic in all my might,
You were beside me, dear Father, to shoo my fears,
Change my nappy and wipe my tears.

You are my source of strength, A teacher and Guide.
The one I lookup to - With loving trust and Pride.
You are my helper with a willing hand to lend.
A partner, an advisor and Finest of a Friend.

Walk a little slower Daddy - said I as a child so small,
I’m following your footsteps and I don’t want to fall,
You suddenly stopped and I tripped over and fell,
Badly bruised with tears in eyes, my hands began to swell,

“Get up” Said you “ On your own!”
“Wont you lift me?” Asked I in a loud moan,
“I wont” you replied “ For this is what will happen, when you follow others footsteps – demanding empathy,
Looking for shoulders to help you, with unwanted sympathy”
It doesn’t matter where you stumble,
For all that is important is how you get up quickly without a fumble”

And Today I travel on my own feet stumbling, against the roadblocks to success,
“Thank you Dad – For, your words of wisdom made me recover without vexes!”

“How to be successful and happy” I asked you,
With a radiant smile, you spoke the golden words though a few

“ Son! People may come and People may go, but
The ones with good virtue will ever remain,
Students may come and students may go, but
The ones with hard work will ever succeed,
Industries may come and Industries may go, but
The ones with good quality will ever remain,

You may not have virtue, nor hard work, nor quality,
But like the plants that never fail to live and ever grow,
Even when storms and floods rage together in a row,
Never-never, ever give up your beliefs and your vow,
For when you believe in yourself, The world will believe you,
And when the world believes you, you will be happy and successful!”


Thank you for all that you have taught me Appa, and have a fabulous and wonderful
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY”


Every time I forget your birthday you say, “I don’t need you to wish me son, for you are my Gods greatest Gift” Thank you for instilling that belief in me and all I can do today is wish you with this exclusively dedicated poem for you!


(Appa please come back soon from Thailand, mothers mokkai torture is toooo much, hats off to you, you are the real man , and spending 27 years of your life with MOM is a great achievement! Mokkai mokkaiyo, kodumai kodumaiyo :))
 
posted by Prasanna Parameswaran at 11:23 AM |


19 Comments:


At 2:51 PM, Blogger Preethe

A very good poem Prasanna
Regards and Wishes to Appa

 

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jeevan

That's so sweet prasanna, Hope your dad returns soon and you live long happly with your parents. This time your friends too wish u r dad, Happy BIRTHDAY to your DAD.

Golden words are very True:)

 

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Deekshanya

Very cute! You could have named it as 'Ode to a father on travel!'
-Deeksh

 

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

@ usha: nandringo, summadhan kadaisila pinishing touchukku vendi appadi ezhudinen! :)
@ preethe: nandringo and thank u

@ jeev: dhanks for ur wishes thala
@ deeksh: indha perula erkanave oru peom ezhudinen nennakaren not for father but something similar for mother (http://indianrhythm.blogspot.com/2006/08/profound-beauty-of-love-mother-mothers.html)

 

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Bharani

Superb one..eppadinga prasanna ippadi ezhudhareenga...ennaku
lite-a poramaya iruku :)

//For this is what will happen, when you follow others footsteps – demanding empathy,
Looking for shoulders to help you, with unwanted sympathy// -- greatest lesson u have got from ur father....

Wishing him a colorful birthday :)

 

At 8:06 PM, Blogger starry

Touching tribute to your Dad. written really well.He taught you well.

 

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Has to be me

Bday wishes 2 ur dad. Thats a lovely post fr him. Hope u showed the same 2 him.
Anna, pavum unga Amma! Erendu mothu kooduthangala?! ;)

 

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Priya

Awesome!
Birthday wishes to your Dad.
aanalum unga ammava ipdi vaari irukka koodadhu. Avanga b'day kku poem poduvingala appava vaari?

 

At 10:54 PM, Blogger தி. ரா. ச.(T.R.C.)

convey my happy b'daywishes to u r father. later i will share my views about the son and daughter's treatment vis a vis mother.are they little bit biased. u r post is lovely and pregnent with meaning.

 

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Syam

you are so kind to write a beautiful poem to your beloved father...

HAPPY B'Day to your Appa :-)


------------

amma next time veetuku varum bothu indha payana konjam gavanichukanga.. :-)

 

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran

@ bharani: nandringo! ennoda padhivugala padichutu ellarum ore peelings ayudaraanga! inimel mokkaiya padhivugal poda vendiyadhudhaan! :)

@Lalitha: Thank-you! Ha Ha! he definitely dint teach me to write poems! :)

@hastobeme: Illa I dint/cant show this to him, he is in Thailand/Vitenam right now and my mother is back in India. So I will reserve this for him once he gets back to India :)

@ Priya: appadi kedayadhu! adhudhaan ennoda family'oda plus'e! appa amma'nna eppa paaru mariyadhai ezhundhu nikkaradhu mattum kedayadhu, romba jaaliya oruthar oruthar kaala vaarikkuvom, naan enga ammavoda kaala vaaruven, enga amma enga appava, enga appa thiruppi ennayum yen thambiyum kaala vaaruvaaru - ore ragalaiya irukkum! :)

@ Thi.raa.sa: thanks for your comments!ezhudungalen naanum padikkaren enna bias irukkunnu! engal veetil indha maadhiri edhuvum kedayadhu!

@ syam: hello inna maati vidareengala! irunga ungala unga home minister(wife) kitta maati vidaraen naan! :)

 

At 10:06 AM, Blogger மு.கார்த்திகேயன்

prasanna..romba nalla pathivu..

naanum appaamma pathivu thaan..pottu irukken

same pinch..prasanna

avangalai aprri ezhuthunumna ezhuthikitte irukkalam

 

At 10:07 AM, Blogger மு.கார்த்திகேயன்

Happy Birth day Father.. Many more happy returns of the day..

thambi prasanna..appakitta naan vazhthunathaa solluppaa..

 

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Ankit

hey good one ...i guess i can use this one on father's day :)

 

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Pavithra

Nice words !! Wishing your father a very happy birthday !!

 

At 6:36 PM, Blogger ambi

Convey my B'day wishes too to Your appa!
nice poem. :D
sorry for the belated wishes.

 

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Dreamzz

poem super..
Convey My wishes too :)

 

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Porkodi (பொற்கொடி)

பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள் உங்க அப்பாவுக்கு.. :)

நீங்க என்ன தான் உங்க அம்மாவ கவுத்தாலும், அப்பா இருக்கறது 'தாய்'லாந்துல தான் பாத்தீங்களா?

 

At 9:45 AM, Blogger ambi

//அப்பா இருக்கறது 'தாய்'லாந்துல தான் பாத்தீங்களா?//

@porkodi, அப்படி போடுலே அருவாள!
:D